Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I am sick and out of action

Ok..time for an update as I had promised in my previous post...

After my birthday celebration, I became unwell...there is a tiny rash in my left inner thigh, its not itchy and did not disturb me at all UNTIL...within a few days..the tiny rash spread to the whole of the inner thigh including my groin area...it looks blue black in colour and horrible...I became listless and have no appetite for food...Mummy decided to bring me to visit Dr Gino...

Dr Gino told Mummy its best to cut (OUCH!  yes! CUT!) a pc of my skin from left inner thigh and send for lab test (biopsy and skin tests)...Mummy's heart dropped...but she decided its the best solution coz she wants to know what is wrong with me...So I had to go thru a minor surgery...I was "sleeping" and they proceeded to cut my left inner thigh...the pc of skin is then sent for all the tests...it was such a agonising 2 weeks wait for Mummy...yes it took that long for the results to come out...

Here I am..looking ...well...half dead after the minor surgery...


Mummy cried...she said she is so heart pain to see me like that....:(...Mummy pls dun cry ok??

Finally the test results are out...Dr Gino phoned Mummy and asked her to bring me down to the clinic...OK...it is not CANCER...phew!  heng ah!  What I am suffering from is called chronic atopic dermatitis, its a for of allergy...here I am posting a link, do read up.

http://www.petairapy.com/canine-atopic-dermatitis-in-dogs/

I am now on medication..hopefully it will be kept under control...cross paws for me pls?


No comments:

Post a Comment